Window bird feeders are a great way to bring nature up close and personal. Watching birds feed and interact with each other is a peaceful and enjoyable experience that can be enjoyed from the comfort of your own home.
These feeders are designed to attach securely to your window, allowing you to see birds up close without disturbing them. When choosing a window bird feeder, it’s important to consider the type of birds you want to attract and the type of food you want to offer.
Some feeders are designed for specific types of birds, such as hummingbirds or finches, while others are more versatile and can accommodate a variety of bird species. The size of the feeder and the amount of food it can hold are also important factors to consider.
One critical thing to pay attention to when choosing a window bird feeder is the quality of the suction cups or mounting hardware. The last thing you want is for the feeder to fall off the window, potentially injuring birds or damaging property.
It’s also important to choose a feeder that is easy to clean and maintain, as bird feeders can quickly become dirty and attract pests if not properly cared for.
After researching and testing various window bird feeders, I have identified the 7 best options on the market. Whether you’re a bird enthusiast or simply looking to add a touch of nature to your home, these feeders are sure to provide hours of entertainment and enjoyment.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Window Bird Feeders
- 2 Buying Guide
- 3 FAQ’s: Best Window Feeders
- 3.1 How do I install a window style bird feeder securely?
- 3.2 Will the bird feeder obstruct my view from inside?
- 3.3 Which bird species will be attracted to a window feeder?
- 3.4 How do I prevent squirrels from accessing the feeder?
- 3.5 Is there a risk of birds colliding with the window?
- 3.6 How often should I clean the window bird feeder?
- 4 Can I use different types of bird seeds in the feeder?
- 5 Will the bird feeder damage my window glass?
- 6 Author
Best Window Bird Feeders
I’ve spent hours researching and testing different window bird feeders to find the best ones on the market. A good window bird feeder can provide hours of entertainment and a close-up view of your feathered friends.
After careful consideration, I’ve rounded up the 7 best window bird feeders that are sure to attract a variety of birds to your window.
Whether you’re a bird enthusiast or just looking for a new way to enjoy nature, these window bird feeders are a great addition to any home.
*Click any of the links below to purchase on Amazon!
I highly recommend the Gray Bunny Window Bird Feeder for anyone who loves watching birds from their window.
- The four ultra-strong suction cups provide a secure hold even in extreme weather.
- The clear design offers unobstructed views of birds feeding outside your window.
- The extra-deep tray holds up to four cups of bird seed and reduces the frequency of needing to refill.
- The tray can be difficult to remove for cleaning.
- The suction cups may not work on all types of windows.
- Some birds may take time to discover the feeder.
I have thoroughly enjoyed using this bird feeder. The suction cups are incredibly strong and have held up through rain, snow, and extreme heat. The clear design has allowed me to see birds up close and in vivid detail, and the extra-deep tray has made it easy to go longer periods of time without needing to refill. However, I have had some difficulty removing the tray for cleaning, and it may not work on all types of windows. Additionally, it may take some time for birds to discover the feeder, but once they do, it’s a joy to watch them feed.
If you’re looking for a durable and user-friendly bird feeder that is easy to fill and clean, then the Wind & Weather One-Way Mirror Bird Feeder is a great choice. It’s perfect for bird lovers who want to watch their feathered friends up close and personal.
- The mirror-film on the wall provides close-up views of birds while they dine, without distracting them.
- The lid lifts protect against rain and snow, as well as nuisance birds like starlings, pigeons, and grackles.
- The strong suction cups maintain a strong attachment to any window, ensuring that your feeder remains secure during inclement weather.
- The mirror backing may not work properly and stay up properly.
- The suction cups may not be strong enough over time and may lose the ability to stick.
- It may be difficult to fill.
I recently purchased the Wind & Weather One-Way Mirror Bird Feeder and have been impressed with its durability and ease of use. The mirror-film on the wall provides close-up views of birds while they dine, without distracting them. This has allowed me to watch birds for longer periods of time without spooking them.
The lid lifts protect against rain and snow, as well as nuisance birds like starlings, pigeons, and grackles. This ensures that the bird seed stays dry and fresh, and that only the birds you want to attract are able to feed.
The strong suction cups maintain a strong attachment to any window, ensuring that your feeder remains secure during inclement weather. This is especially important during windy and stormy conditions, as it prevents the feeder from falling and potentially injuring birds or pets.
Overall, I highly recommend the Wind & Weather One-Way Mirror Bird Feeder for bird lovers who want to watch their feathered friends up close and personal. It’s a great way to entertain and enjoy nature’s aerodynamic winged wonders.
If you’re looking for a bird feeder that lets you observe your feathered friends up close, the Droll Yankees Observer Window Feeder is a great option. It’s easy to install and has a clear plastic construction that lets you watch birds as they feed.
- The clear plastic construction lets you see birds up close.
- It holds up to 2 cups of bird seed, so you don’t have to refill it as often.
- The tapered overhanging roof deflects bad weather, keeping the seed dry.
- The suction cups may lose their grip over time, especially in extreme weather conditions.
- Some birds may be hesitant to feed from a feeder that’s attached to a window.
- The feeder can get dirty quickly, requiring frequent cleaning.
I recently installed this feeder on my kitchen window and have been enjoying watching the birds that come to feed. The clear plastic construction is great for observing the birds up close, and the feeder holds a decent amount of seed. The tapered overhanging roof works well to keep the seed dry during rainy weather.
However, I did notice that the suction cups can lose their grip over time, especially during extreme weather conditions. Some birds were initially hesitant to feed from the feeder, but after a few days, they got used to it. I also found that the feeder can get dirty quickly, requiring frequent cleaning to keep it looking nice.
Overall, if you’re looking for a bird feeder that lets you observe birds up close, the Droll Yankees Observer Window Feeder is a great option. It’s easy to install and has a clear plastic construction that lets you watch birds as they feed.
If you’re looking for a way to enjoy bird watching from the comfort of your own home, then the Perky-Pet Window Bird Feeder is a great option.
- Appreciate birds up close – Get a perfect view of your favorite birds without obstruction.
- Attract a variety of birds – The inviting entrance fits even large birds like cardinals.
- Easy to fill and clean – The removable seed tray allows for easy maintenance without detaching it from the window.
- May not hold up to extreme weather conditions.
- Suction cups may not work on all types of windows.
- Seed can get trapped behind the feeder and may require frequent cleaning.
I found this bird feeder to be a great addition to my home. It was easy to install and I loved being able to watch the birds up close. The clear plastic design allowed for a perfect view of the birds without any obstruction. I was also impressed with the size of the entrance, which allowed for even larger birds to enjoy the feeder.
The removable seed tray made it easy to fill and clean the feeder without having to detach it from the window. However, I did notice that seed can get trapped behind the feeder, which required frequent cleaning to prevent any buildup.
While the suction cups worked well on my windows, I did read some reviews that mentioned they may not work on all types of windows. Additionally, the feeder may not hold up to extreme weather conditions, so it’s important to take that into consideration when purchasing.
Overall, I would highly recommend the Perky-Pet Window Bird Feeder to anyone looking for a way to enjoy bird watching from the comfort of their own home.
I highly recommend purchasing the VIVOHOME Acrylic Clear Window Bird Feeder because it is a great way to enjoy watching birds up close from the comfort of your home.
- The high-quality transparent acrylic material provides excellent clarity and unobstructed viewing of your avian neighbors.
- The detachable feed tray makes it easy and convenient to clean and refill the feeder with fresh seed without removing the entire feeder, providing a healthy and clean feeding condition for the birds.
- The precise laser-drilled drainage holes effectively drain water in the tray after rainy and snowy days, which keeps the tray dry.
- The suction cups may lose suction over time, so it’s important to regularly check and reapply if necessary.
- Some birds may have a hard time landing on the clear perch bar, but this can be easily remedied by adding a small amount of sand or gravel to the tray.
- The feeder may not be squirrel-proof, so it’s important to place it in a location that is out of reach of nearby branches and other objects that squirrels may use to climb.
Overall, the VIVOHOME Acrylic Clear Window Bird Feeder is a great gift for bird watchers, nature lovers, and anyone who wants to enjoy watching birds up close. The feeder is easy to install with its strong suction cups, and the sloping roof and front door provide a perfect shelter for birds in different weathers.
If you’re looking for a durable and safe window bird feeder that offers a great view of backyard birds, the EMAISTORE Window Bird Feeder is a great option.
- Quick and easy assembly
- Built to last and endure the weather
- Hassle-free refilling and attracts a variety of birds
- May not fit all window sizes
- May attract squirrels and other critters
- Some birds may take time to discover the feeder
As someone who loves watching birds from the comfort of my home, I was impressed with the EMAISTORE Window Bird Feeder’s quick and easy assembly. The feeder is made from sturdy PVC and plastic materials, making it durable and able to withstand the weather. Refilling the feeder is a breeze thanks to its 4″ diameter large top opening and protective cap.
One thing to keep in mind is that the feeder may not fit all window sizes, so be sure to measure your window before purchasing. Additionally, some birds may take time to discover the feeder, so it may take a little patience before you start seeing activity.
Overall, the EMAISTORE Window Bird Feeder is a great option for anyone looking to enjoy the beauty of backyard birds from the comfort of their home.
As I researched the 7 Best Window Bird Feeders, I realized that choosing the right one can be overwhelming. There are many factors to consider, such as size, material, and design. In this buying guide, I will provide you with some essential features to look for when selecting a window bird feeder.
The size of the feeder is an important factor to consider. The feeder should be large enough to accommodate the birds, but not too big that it obstructs your view. A small feeder can only hold a few birds, while a larger one can attract more birds. Consider the size of the birds in your area and choose a feeder that can accommodate them.
Window bird feeders come in different materials, such as plastic, glass, and wood. Plastic feeders are lightweight and easy to clean, but they may not be as durable as glass or wooden ones. Glass feeders are more durable and offer better visibility, but they can be heavy and expensive. Wooden feeders are eco-friendly and blend well with the environment, but they require more maintenance.
The design of the feeder can affect its functionality and the type of birds it attracts. Some feeders have suction cups that attach to the window, while others have hooks that hang from the roof or tree. Some feeders have a tray design, while others have a tube design. The tray design is suitable for ground-feeding birds, while the tube design is suitable for perching birds.
Here are some other features to consider when choosing a window bird feeder:
- Seed capacity: Choose a feeder that can hold enough seed to last for a few days.
- Seed type: Some feeders are designed for specific seed types, such as sunflower seeds or thistle seeds.
- Drainage: Choose a feeder with drainage holes to prevent water from collecting inside.
- Easy to clean: Choose a feeder that is easy to disassemble and clean.
By considering these features, you can choose the best window bird feeder that suits your needs and attracts a variety of birds to your window.
FAQ’s: Best Window Feeders
How do I install a window style bird feeder securely?
Ensure a clean window surface, use strong suction cups, and follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Test it with water before adding seeds to check its stability.
Will the bird feeder obstruct my view from inside?
Most window feeders are designed to be unobtrusive, offering a clear view. Opt for low-profile models with adjustable perches for a better experience.
Which bird species will be attracted to a window feeder?
Commonly, you’ll attract small birds like finches, chickadees, and titmice. Ensure the feeder’s design and seed type align with your target birds.
How do I prevent squirrels from accessing the feeder?
Choose feeders with squirrel-proof features like baffles or lockable lids. Position the feeder away from any launching points for squirrels.
Is there a risk of birds colliding with the window?
Reduce the risk by placing feeder decals or patterns on the window. Position the feeder close to nearby trees or bushes for added protection.
How often should I clean the window bird feeder?
Regularly clean it at least once a week with warm soapy water to prevent mold or bacterial growth. Rinse thoroughly and air dry.
Can I use different types of bird seeds in the feeder?
Yes, most window feeders accommodate various seed types. Sunflower seeds and safflower seeds are popular choices for attracting different bird species.
Will the bird feeder damage my window glass?
Quality window feeders are designed to prevent damage. Ensure the suction cups are clean and free from debris to avoid scratches.
Can I use a window bird feeder in all seasons?
Yes, but consider weather conditions. In extreme cold, opt for feeders with insulation, and in hot climates, choose those with ventilation.
How do I keep the window feeder hygienic and safe for birds?
Regularly inspect for damage, remove any moldy or spoiled seeds, and sanitize the feeder. Avoid using harmful chemicals that could harm birds.